Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TexasIndian
Binge Watcher

Will Streaming Stick+ remote join tv, Roku AND Spectrum dvr together??

Jump to solution

Obvious first choice: be able to power on/off new Streaming Stick+, tv AND dvr (Spectrum).

2nd choice: new remote ONLY powers on/off Stick+ and tv;  with dvr still 'connected' but recordings must be accessed via tv remote?   Spectrum app on Roku??   You tell me...please??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will Streaming Stick+ remote join tv, Roku AND Spectrum dvr together??

Jump to solution

Roku remotes with TV control buttons (power and volume controls) will only control TVs with IR. They will not control your DVR or other device. Depending on what you're attempting to do the Roku remote can perform some limited HDMI CEC functions. But it won't control the DVR itself with any buttons on the Roku remote. 

Also, Roku Stick players do not support IR control, so you can't use a universal IR remote to control the Stick. You're stuck with a minimum of two remotes. 

At the moment, the Spectrum channel for Roku has been removed from the channel store. If you have it now, its functionality has been hit or miss with many users. You can't add it to a new player. If you remove it you can't add it back. Spectrum and Roku are in contract negotiations, and so far they don't seem to be getting anywhere. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will Streaming Stick+ remote join tv, Roku AND Spectrum dvr together??

Jump to solution

Roku remotes with TV control buttons (power and volume controls) will only control TVs with IR. They will not control your DVR or other device. Depending on what you're attempting to do the Roku remote can perform some limited HDMI CEC functions. But it won't control the DVR itself with any buttons on the Roku remote. 

Also, Roku Stick players do not support IR control, so you can't use a universal IR remote to control the Stick. You're stuck with a minimum of two remotes. 

At the moment, the Spectrum channel for Roku has been removed from the channel store. If you have it now, its functionality has been hit or miss with many users. You can't add it to a new player. If you remove it you can't add it back. Spectrum and Roku are in contract negotiations, and so far they don't seem to be getting anywhere. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos