Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my US bought Roku think it is in the UK?

I bought a Roku Express 3930RW about 9 months ago in VA, but didn't start using it (in NJ) until more recently.  It seems to think it is in the UK; it only offers UK choices in the store, and the prices are in  GBP.  Is there a way to re-set it as in the USA?  The body (plug) is for the USA and it certainly wasn't sold as something for overseas.

I can't figure out how or who to get in touch with at Roku as it is not a supported product...

NJ Viewer

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why does my US bought Roku think it is in the UK?

It's far too easy to create a Roku account in the wrong region.  The only way to rectify it is to factory reset the Roku, create a new account, and link the Roku to the new account.  If you have any subscriptions through Roku you'll want to cancel them and then close the current account.  I wish I could say exactly how to prevent it from happening when you create the new account.  You'll want to clear your cookies before you create the account at https://my.roku.com/signup .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos