Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krispyonion
Streaming Star

Re: Why does Roku override my screensaver preferences

Jump to solution

You appear to want to argue with somebody. Again, I was pointing out that this isn't a Prime Video issue. That's the point here.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why does Roku override my screensaver preferences

Jump to solution

@krispyonion 

I'm not looking to argue, but a blanket statement that isn't so won't usually stand:

It's intentional Roku behavior to use Logo Rain when video is paused in an app (if the app doesn't have its own screensaver), regardless of your settings.

The Plex app, for instance, doesn't work that way. It has a screensaver setting within the app. You won't get the default Roku screensaver, but neither will you get the raining Roku screensaver. What your contact told you was at best incomplete.

Don't take anything as a personal attack. Rather, I'm brining information to the table that your contact omitted. Many may work as he described, but not all.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos