Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I need to constantly re-signin to all my channels every few months?

How can I get my ROKU TV to stay logged into the channels? 

This is literally the most frustrating TV purchase I've ever had. If I could return and never ever ever buy another ROKU ever again I would do so immediately. Why?

I am constantly forced to re-login to Verizon Fios to re-authenticate all my channels. CNN for instance is sure I shouldn't have access to their channel, forcing me to re-authenticate more than other news channels. This is especially a problem because my spouse handles the finances - I never log into Verizon and its a literal nightmare to do so.

So how can I get my ROKU TV to stay logged into the channels? Is there a secret to this? How on earth does anyone put up with this nonsense and still like the TV?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: Why do I need to constantly re-signin to all my channels every few months?

Roku does not make the TVs. Hisense, TCL, Onn, Philips, RCA, Element, Westinghouse etc do.

The TV has nothing to do with channel authentication. I have two TCLs and have never had to re-authenticate any channel. The issue would be related to the channel, and you would have to contact support for that channel. So, if CNN is the issue you'll want to contact them

Have you uninstalled the channel[s], restarted the TV and reinstalled them again?

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why do I need to constantly re-signin to all my channels every few months?

@frustrated-cust, everyone doesn't have to go through this, but there have been plenty of people that have reported it.  I don't know if it will make any difference, but enable "Fast TV start" under Settings->System->Power.  That will at least make it maintain it's network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos