Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which player models have an antenna input?

Jump to solution

Just like the title says, I’m looking for a player that has an antenna input. Do they exist or are tuners only in Roku TVs?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Which player models have an antenna input?

Jump to solution

Nope.  Tuners are in the TVs.  There are some Over The Air DVRs (such as Tablo) that can be streamed via a Roku player.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Nope.  Tuners are in the TVs.  There are some Over The Air DVRs (such as Tablo) that can be streamed via a Roku player.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

As @Strega said, only the TVs have a built in tuner. But there are network tuners that work with Roku devices. Silicon Dust sells some, and as he also mentioned the Tablo is another. I have a SD HDHomeRun Flex 4K on my network, and it gets both the existing ATSC 1.0 stations but also the new ATSC 3.0 stations that are currently being tested. In my area (near Seattle) I have ten different 3.0 stations online, although none are actually broadcasting anything in 4K yet. But if you want to watch the 4K stations, you need the Ultra 4800/4802, as it's the only one that supports AC-4 audio, which is the ATSC 3.0 standard audio codec. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've also read about AirTV devices. They use the Sling app (no subscription required) as their interface.

https://www.airtv.net/ 

0 Kudos