Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where is My Feed Menu Option

I don't typically use My Feed and normally would not notice if it disappeared, but in the interest of trying to help out I've been experimenting on my units.

On my two units where 2020 Tokyo Olympics had been automatically installed, My Feed is nowhere to be found and I have not found a way to bring My Feed back.

On my Streaming Stick (3600) My Feed had not yet been replaced by 2020 Tokyo Olympics,  I was able to add 2020 Tokyo Olympics by methods listed in earlier posts and have both My Feed and 2020 Tokyo Olympics available.  It will be interesting to see if this Roku subsequently receives an update that wipes out My Feed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
FixMyFeed
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the exact information, StreamerUser. I did exactly that, had a chat with someone, did exactly what he told me to do, and still no "My Feed". He did say he was told the Olympic line replaced My Feed for some products. When asked if My Feed will be back after the Olympics, he said that's what he understood. Now I have an email follow-up which I will do in a bit. Finally, the Happy Holidays with snow theme is gone and replaced by the Olympics theme. One out of two completed, 'tho I would have wanted My Feed back. Time will tell, I guess.

FixMyFeed
Reel Rookie

Mine is ROKU 3930x - ROKU Express. Glad yours is still there, Richddean.

0 Kudos
Pensador4

I have the same issue on two separate 4660X Roku Ultra version 10.0.0 build 4209-46. My feed option got got replaced by Tokio Olympics and no amount of restarts or power downs will fix it. Doesn’t Roku test these **bleep** changes before they roll the out? We spend hours upon hours selecting what we want to follow for future viewing and they just remove it for who knows how long!

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@FixMyFeed wrote:

Thank you for the exact information, StreamerUser. I did exactly that, had a chat with someone, did exactly what he told me to do, and still no "My Feed". He did say he was told the Olympic line replaced My Feed for some products. When asked if My Feed will be back after the Olympics, he said that's what he understood. Now I have an email follow-up which I will do in a bit. Finally, the Happy Holidays with snow theme is gone and replaced by the Olympics theme. One out of two completed, 'tho I would have wanted My Feed back. Time will tell, I guess.

They will both likely return to their previous state once the Olympics is over (at the latest).  As I said previously this temporary replacement behavior is SOP for Roku, most likely a consequence of limited device memory/efficiency.

No amount of customer complaints make any difference, and everyone has to ride it out until the "covered event" is complete and previous UI items return (until the next event, of course).

barfly
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the info! I have micro SD cards in my 2 Roku Ultras, 1 was affected and the second Roku Ultra wasn't. Also have Roku Tv that lost the {my feed link}. When this first started on my equipment I noticed right away because I do use the {my feed link} every day as a useful tool for my movie list to compare rental prices and to locate free sites for movies I would like to watch at some point. Hopefully there not slowly getting away from the {my feed link} to maybe get you to quit shopping for prices and just do all your movies & etc from Roku & not from there completers!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@makaiguy wrote:
On my Streaming Stick (3600) My Feed had not yet been replaced by 2020 Tokyo Olympics,  I was able to add 2020 Tokyo Olympics by methods listed in earlier posts and have both My Feed and 2020 Tokyo Olympics available.  It will be interesting to see if this Roku subsequently receives an update that wipes out My Feed.

Update the next day:  My Feed has disappeared from my Streaming Stick.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Keith_

Do this

Settings

Home screen

2020 Tokyo Olypics

Hide

Then

Settings

System

System Resart

Resart

Viola "My Feed" returned.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Keith_ wrote:

Do this

Settings

Home screen

2020 Tokyo Olypics

Hide

Then

Settings

System

System Resart

Resart

Viola "My Feed" returned.

Good catch - that works for those that want "My Feed" back

0 Kudos
tb542
Binge Watcher

After several "yelling" emails back and forth with Roku, the My Feed link showed back up about an hour ago. The first reply I got from them wanted me to do a Factory Reset and after I told them that h*ll would freeze over before I lost all my settings due to their screw-up, I got another email saying it was temporary (translates to yes, we screwed up and we're trying to fix it). I tried again and an hour ago and look at that, it's back just like they came to their senses and fixed it.

Also, system restart is no longer under System.  You have to go to System, then Power to find the System Restart now.

0 Kudos