Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PenguinPuck
Channel Surfer

What is the difference between a Ultra 4800X and Ultra 4802X?

Jump to solution

I purchased an Ultra from Amazon and one in a combo pack from Costco.  The AMazon is model 4802X and the Costco unit is 4800X.  What is different (besides the model number)?

0 Kudos
6 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: What is the difference between a Ultra 4800X and Ultra 4802X?

Jump to solution

As far as I know, the latter model (4802) was released this year.  The 4800 was released back in 2020.  That is the only answer I could give you.  I’m tagging @Hector-Roku, so that he can explain to you more about this issue.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X

View solution in original post

PenguinPuck
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree.  Costco had the Ulta (2022) and a 4K stick 3820x for sale with (2022) in the title.  I caught the difference as I was walking through the setup and comparing setting vs my original 4802X from Amazon.  I called support and they told me of the 4800X = Ultra 2020 model and the 4802X = Ultra 2022 model.  He could not tell me what hardware or features were different.  Both have the same OS.  I further examined the COstco add and it does have 2022 in the title, but the fine print has the model as "3820/4800-4802CT-BDL1".  I realize the 3820 is the stick.  Would still like to know if there are any hardware/feature issues.  THANK YOU kindly for your response. 🙂

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@PenguinPuck 

At the current time, Rokus do not have the capability of SENDING bluetooth, only receiving it.  This allows you to play audio from a phone, etc. through your Roku, but you can't send audio from the Roku to a bluetooth headset.  What you can do is use the Roku remote app on an Android or iOS device to enable remote listening on that device and then connect a headset to that device.   I'm a nightowl and do this quite a bit after my wife has gone to bed.

Roku operating software version 11.5 is just starting to roll out.  One of the stated features of 11.5 is that it will enable the few current models equipped with the right hardware to send bluetooth audio as well as receive, so you can pair a bluetooth headset directly to the Roku without having to go through the Roku app on a mobile device.  I'm not sure if this feature will be enabled from the get-go or whether 11.5 just enables a feature that will be rolled out later.  The Roku models said to receive this feature are:

• Roku Ultra model 4802R
  • Roku Streambar model 9102R
  • Roku Streambar Pro model 9101R2

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

PenguinPuck
Channel Surfer

Ultra 4802X to Bose QC35ii Bluetooth connectivity

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response, Makaiguy!  It just seemed odd that they did not already have that feature implemented.  I tried several methods.  My laptop connected, BUT I never tried to send audio or other from the Roku 4802X to my BT3 capable laptop.  ANy word on if I can clone my APP layout and ALL setting from one Roku to a like target.  I understand there would be issues from dissimilar models,  but let settings that are functionally the same transfer.  Just maybe email a report of what was not transferred so the owner could investigate the actions possible.

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Ultra 4802X to Bose QC35ii Bluetooth connectivity

Jump to solution

There's no way to clone the setup of one Roku device to another.  If you link two devices to the same Roku account all channels/apps will be installed on both devices (assuming there's no compatibility issues), but the order on the Home Screen won't be the same and any device settings won't be duplicated.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PenguinPuck  @makaiguy 

The list of devices that will receive updated BlueTooth support in RokuOS 11.5 (for outgoing audio connections) is larger than that posted by @makaiguy

Specifically, it also includes the Ultra (4800) and Ultra LT (4801) in addition to the Roku Smart Soundbar (9101) and ONN Roku Smart Soundbar (9100).

From the RokuOS 11.5 Release Notes:  https://support.roku.com/article/228844467

Bluetooth Private Listening on Select Devices - Roku Ultra, Roku® Streambar®, Roku® Streambar® Pro, Roku Smart Soundbar, and onn.™• Roku Smart Soundbar owners will be able to connect their favorite wireless Bluetooth headphones directly to their device for easy access to private listening. Once paired, wireless headphones can be easily connected or disconnected in the Options menu, or set to connect automatically.

• Note: Bluetooth private listening will be available on Roku Ultra (4800X, 4801X, 4802X), Roku® Streambar®(9102R), Roku® Streambar® Pro (9101R2), Roku Smart Soundbar (9101R), and onn.™• Roku Smart Soundbar (9100X) devices.

10 REPLIES 10
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As far as I know, the latter model (4802) was released this year.  The 4800 was released back in 2020.  That is the only answer I could give you.  I’m tagging @Hector-Roku, so that he can explain to you more about this issue.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
PenguinPuck
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree.  Costco had the Ulta (2022) and a 4K stick 3820x for sale with (2022) in the title.  I caught the difference as I was walking through the setup and comparing setting vs my original 4802X from Amazon.  I called support and they told me of the 4800X = Ultra 2020 model and the 4802X = Ultra 2022 model.  He could not tell me what hardware or features were different.  Both have the same OS.  I further examined the COstco add and it does have 2022 in the title, but the fine print has the model as "3820/4800-4802CT-BDL1".  I realize the 3820 is the stick.  Would still like to know if there are any hardware/feature issues.  THANK YOU kindly for your response. 🙂

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@PenguinPuck 

The 4800 and 4802 models are going to be just about the same.  The 4802 is the 2022 model and comes with the Rechargeable Voice Remote Pro whereas the 4800 (the 2020 model) will come with the Enhanced Voice Remote. (non-rechargeable, but headphone/earbud private listening).  I haven't seen any mention of a new chipset (processor) so both these models should contain the RealTek 1319.  Includes both USB port and ethernet port.

The 4801 model is an Ultra LT.  This model has the Realtek 1315 chipsets (the same chipset as the other 4k devices offered by Roku , ie. the Express 4k/4k+ and Streaming Stick 4k/4k+).  This model will also not contain the USB port for a flash drive, but does have ethernet port.  Also lacks Dolby Atmos support for some reason in the latest model.  This model also includes the Enhanced Voice Remote. (headphone/earbud private listening)

All three models have same storage capacity, same memory.  Just a couple different features between them.

Some comparison info. (scroll down page for simple tech specs)

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra-lt

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku  (more detailed table of Roku devices)

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar  Thank you for the information.
~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X

Jump to solution

Hi, 

do you know if all three: 4800, 4801, and 4802 will pair with bluetooth speaker?

0 Kudos
PenguinPuck
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I only have the 4802s.  I can't even get my Bose QC35ii headphones to connect. 😞

makaiguy

Jump to solution

@PenguinPuck 

At the current time, Rokus do not have the capability of SENDING bluetooth, only receiving it.  This allows you to play audio from a phone, etc. through your Roku, but you can't send audio from the Roku to a bluetooth headset.  What you can do is use the Roku remote app on an Android or iOS device to enable remote listening on that device and then connect a headset to that device.   I'm a nightowl and do this quite a bit after my wife has gone to bed.

Roku operating software version 11.5 is just starting to roll out.  One of the stated features of 11.5 is that it will enable the few current models equipped with the right hardware to send bluetooth audio as well as receive, so you can pair a bluetooth headset directly to the Roku without having to go through the Roku app on a mobile device.  I'm not sure if this feature will be enabled from the get-go or whether 11.5 just enables a feature that will be rolled out later.  The Roku models said to receive this feature are:

• Roku Ultra model 4802R
  • Roku Streambar model 9102R
  • Roku Streambar Pro model 9101R2

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
PenguinPuck
Channel Surfer

Ultra 4802X to Bose QC35ii Bluetooth connectivity

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response, Makaiguy!  It just seemed odd that they did not already have that feature implemented.  I tried several methods.  My laptop connected, BUT I never tried to send audio or other from the Roku 4802X to my BT3 capable laptop.  ANy word on if I can clone my APP layout and ALL setting from one Roku to a like target.  I understand there would be issues from dissimilar models,  but let settings that are functionally the same transfer.  Just maybe email a report of what was not transferred so the owner could investigate the actions possible.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

There's no way to clone the setup of one Roku device to another.  If you link two devices to the same Roku account all channels/apps will be installed on both devices (assuming there's no compatibility issues), but the order on the Home Screen won't be the same and any device settings won't be duplicated.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos