Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Draiken
Reel Rookie

What current Roku streaming devices support 3D

Jump to solution

I am hooking up one of my 3D TVs which originally had a 3D capable Roku device. I cannot find any documentation stating which devices support 3D. I believe it is any 4k capable unit but wanted to see what others might know.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: What current Roku streaming devices support 3D

Jump to solution

Technically every Roku device supports 3D - at least in Half-SBS/OU output mode (any device does in fact).

Not clear what 3D content you are trying to stream though - none of the apps are otherwise specifically 3D-enabled, and there is no specific HDMI 3D mode support.

So if you have ripped 3D content in Half-SBS/OU mode in MKV, it'll playback (e.g. with RMP) just fine (either your TV will auto-detect and activate 3D mode, or you'll need to manually put your TV into 3D mode).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Technically every Roku device supports 3D - at least in Half-SBS/OU output mode (any device does in fact).

Not clear what 3D content you are trying to stream though - none of the apps are otherwise specifically 3D-enabled, and there is no specific HDMI 3D mode support.

So if you have ripped 3D content in Half-SBS/OU mode in MKV, it'll playback (e.g. with RMP) just fine (either your TV will auto-detect and activate 3D mode, or you'll need to manually put your TV into 3D mode).

Draiken
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. I thought this might be the case. When I first purchased this TV only certain Roku devices would support 3D content from Vudu and other steamers. It appears they all support it now. 

Jump to solution

Is there a 3d mode on a roku tv ? If so where is it?

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@badgyrl39171  There are no 3D TVs period. 

0 Kudos