Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
APJoe
Reel Rookie

Voice search leads only to Roku Channel

I used to be able to search for a show across all the apps on my Roku Ultra. Now the result shows up for the Roku Channel only. What happened to this great feature?!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice search leads only to Roku Channel

@APJoe 

You specified "voice search." Does this mean that keyboard search does not exhibit this behavior?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
APJoe
Reel Rookie

Yes. Searching on the keyboard shows all the apps options. Voice search points only to the Roku channel. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@APJoe

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us the steps to reproduce the issue you are experience as we are unable to replicate the issue you stated? Can you provide us a couple of titles that you see this issue occur with?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
APJoe
Reel Rookie

Voice search for Midsomer Murders. That always leads to “playing on Roku channel”. Type in that search and it comes up on Acorn TV and Amazon. That is the correct result and the one voice search used to produce. 

0 Kudos
APJoe
Reel Rookie

Strange as it is, titles other than Midsomer Murders give proper voice search results. I noticed, however, that Midsomer Murders is part of the Roku TV lineup. Has Roku skewed the voice search results to favor its TV programming?

0 Kudos