Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice over when actions happening on screen

On the Roku live TV app channel 392 is the Degrassi channel. When watching this channel there is a voiceover when characters are doing certain actions. For example if someone sits down to talk to somebody the woman states “Claire sits down next to Eli.” It is not the same voice from the audio guide it’s a different voice that is just with the Degrassi show channel how do I make it go away? There is a Degrassi channel on the app Pluto TV and it does not do this. It only does it on the Degrassi channel on Roku’s live TV

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Voice over

Try this:

1) Press the Options (*) button on your remote during playback on this channel

2) Check to see if the 'Audio Track' option is available - if so, select another track (wait 5-10 seconds to hear audio from the new track)

0 Kudos
Herb27

Re: Voice over on Degrassi Channel

I'm having this same problem. It just started today. It wasn't doing it yesterday. It is only occurring on the Degrassi channel. I've tried accessing the accessibility and toggling all of the settings while tuned to the channel, tired backing out to the home screen and toggling the accessibility settings for the entire device, tried restarting the device, but no luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice over on Degrassi Channel

If there's a voice describing the action in a movie/video it has nothing to do with the accessibility settings which only reads the text on some screens.  While watching the channel press the * button on your remote and see if there's an option to change the audio track.  If there's not one there, see if there's audio options elsewhere in the channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Voice over when actions happening on screen

Having this problem right now on the same channel. Did anyone find a fix? I’ve watched this on and off today, and it just started doing it after certain episodes on season 14. The other episodes I watched this morning didn’t have this. 🤔

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Jacobbuntain18 

Verified that it is occuring in Season 14, Episode 365 and 366.  (Degrassi ch.392 Roku Channel Live TV).  Seems to only have one audio track (default) available, so no way to disable or select another.  Definitely a Narrative/Descriptive audio track playing.

Tagging @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuMary-F so they can forward to the appropriate team to resolve.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jacobbuntain18,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention to Roku Community!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku Channel team for further review. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator