Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update software

UNABLE TO UPDATE SOFTWARE!! 

no matter what I do I can not update software with my Roku express! My Internet is perfect as everything else is fine in the house. I’ve reset the Roku probably 10 times and even bought a new one! I can’t do anything until the software updates.... which it isn’t doing! 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to update software

@Melyssarose123 

Is the situation such that the Roku is running OS 10.0 and you want it to update to 10.5? Or is the issue something else?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to update software

@Melyssarose123--

If you are attempting to upgrade your Roku 10.0 software to 10.5 ...

Roku rolls out system updates, unit by unit, via some schedule known only to Roku. If you have more than one Roku, each unit may become eligible for the update at a different time, even if they are the same Roku model.  There is nothing you can do to hurry the eligibility of any given unit.  You'll become eligible when you become eligible.

Frankly, I wouldn't be in a hurry.  With every major update there are a slew of problems that follow.  In many cases channel apps need to be updated for the new Roku version, but the channels haven't updated their apps yet.   The later you get the update the better, as it gives everyone a chance of getting the problems fixed. 

When you do get updated, I've found the system update may update the Roku system without updating the updatable channel apps.  I always do an additional manual update to get all the apps updated, and then for good measure, a system update.  This generally avoids the majority of reported uodate-relatedproblems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos