Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niece97

Unable to update software 3930X-Roku Express

I purchased mine in January 2020 from Bestbuy. My Roku had been working fine. The last update I had was 5 months ago until recently. I haven't used the tv with the Roku in a while. When I turned it on, it says update. I click to update and it will not connect to my internet. It tells me it cannot update. I followed the troubleshooting directions and  reset my modem and unplugged  the Roku and everything. It did not work. I got all kinds of different codes, 3,6 etc. I even put the Roku on three  different tv's same problem. I do not know what to do or how to roll back to the previous version. I do not know what else to do. How do I fix this problem?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to update software 3930X-Roku Express

@Niece97 

First try restarting both the router and the Roku to see if it reconnects.

If not, you will need to verify by logging into your router that your 2.4ghz band is configured properly

2.4ghz--> Radio On/Enabled, SSID (network name) Broadcasting/On, Mode/Protocol set to b/g/n, Wireless Channel set to a channel between 1 and 11 (1, 6, 11) preferred, and Bandwidth/Channel Width set to 20mhz.

Post back with an update or you need more help with the above.  Provide model number of router and ISP (internet service provider).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos