Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Locutus8
Reel Rookie

Unable to setup Roku Skill on Alexa

Hello,

I am trying to setup the Roku Skill on Amazon Alexa.  My Alexa device is a Fire TV Cube 3rd generation.  The Cube comes with Alexa built-in.  My Roku is the latest revision of the Roku Ultra.  The problem is, when setting up the skill, when you are prompted to "PICK YOUR ALEXA DEVICES" to control the Roku, the Fire TV Cube does not show up in the list.  Because of this, the only selectable option on the link screen is Skip. So I select Skip and the skill finishes setting up.  However, after the skill is setup, the only thing I can tell Alexa to do is to "Turn off Roku" or "Turn on Roku."  If I try anything else such as, "Find movies on Roku" or "Launch The Roku Channel on Roku" Alexa on the Cube sends the search or launch command to the Fire TV Cube and not to the Roku Ultra.  If I issue the same commands to Alexa on my phone, they are processed on the Roku without issue.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to setup Roku Skill on Alexa

Hi @Locutus8

Thanks for reaching out in Roku Community. 

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding on How to use Amazon Alexa to control your Roku streaming device. This article helps you integrate an Alexa-enabled device with Roku Voice and provides some examples of voice commands you can use to search and control your Roku device.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Locutus8
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I have already looked at the support page.  In fact, thats the instructions I'm trying to follow.  When I get to step 9 where it says LINK DEVICES, the Alexa-enabled device, in this case a Fire TV Cube, is not listed in the device list. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Locutus8 

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos