Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plainbagel200
Reel Rookie

Trying to get direct tv box sound with streambar on Hisense tv

I realize there is a direct tv app but I’m doing this for someone who didn’t have a log in and direct tv said it may take 30 days for it to work. In the meantime, I’m trying to get his direct tv box to work with the streambar. The direct tv box is in a different hdmi port on a Hisense tv. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trying to get direct tv box sound with streambar on Hisense tv

@Plainbagel200 

If the Roku Streambar is connected via an HDMI/ARC port, then the TV output should be going through the Streambar. You have to ensure your TV sound settings are using the external sound bar, as it would any other sound bar.

If there is no HDMI/ARC port, the Optical output would be how to connect it. Again, check the TV settings to direct to a sound bar.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trying to get direct tv box sound with streambar on Hisense tv

And make sure the Roku tv recognizes the Streambar as a cec device. So all you have to do is program DirecTV remote for the tv, and in turn it will control the Streambar volume. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos