Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omfg1

Re: Discovery plus is gone why?

Jump to solution

I have the same exact thing happening! And of course no phone number to call anyone for help...

omfg1

Today's 11/14 App Updates Are Broken/Inaccessible Due To App Management

Jump to solution

Wait I have a Roku TV - does that mean I get better customer service? Their chat feature online doesnt even work it just spins and the page doesnt even load. I can do it on my phone, but every time my screen shuts down I get kicked off the chat! This is so stupid.

Does anyone from Roku actually answer these community chats or is this just here for us to let out the steam since we're all in the same boat?

Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Exact same thing happened to me, I ran a manual update.

After doing "update" again, one app/channel gets the update "Adding..." and it reappears at the bottom of the list. Doing another update and nothing happens, etc., until like 5 - 10 minutes later, it picks up another "Adding..." update, then THAT channel reappears again at the bottom of the channel list.

So, it may mean that just if you wait enough time, you can do a system update and the missing channels will all "Add" back.

So far, the channels that I have that "Added" back are:

- Science Channel GO

- Investigation Discovery GO

- Discovery GO

- Discovery Life GO

- Starz

It had picked up 12 updates in all, including NFL, Rifftrax, and I can't remember what else, so I guess I have to wait and hope that the other 7 channels are added back.

I could see that once the channel becomes hidden, it can't be accessed by searching for the channel and selecting "Go to channel".

I didn't realize until reading this thread that if you remove then re-add the channel, it still won't be able to work, I'm guessing until it's "Added" back in another System Update.

It messed up the order of my channels, I'm probably never going to be able to get it back just like I had it.

This is pretty major. I don't think I've ever seen something like this happen before.

0 Kudos
UserDude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@omfg1 

Actually yes, Roku TVs are covered for "Agent Assisted" support.

Its a user-to-user support forum, with a few not-so-competent Roku employees that help answer/participate from time to time, managed by one really very highly incompetent Roku Employee.

The problem with today's app updates is widespread and reported, but its not clear how long the incompetent (foreign-based) CS employees will take to escalate the reports to the clearly incompetent "Roku Senior App Management Engineer" who is responsible for the update servers/update process/app management.

saw4846
Binge Watcher

TubiTV disappeared after update.

Jump to solution

I did a system update about 20 minutes ago. TubiTV was updated. When I went to my Home Screen I noticed I had an app missing, didn’t take long to figure out Tubi was gone. When I searched for it in the App Store it showed the app as installed so I tried to go to it but was not able to.

I removed Tubi but it still showed up as installed but it wasn’t. Did a restart and then reinstalled Tubi. Still no Tubi app on my Home Screen. Went to my other 3 streaming sticks and removed it from one the other 2 didn’t have Tubi installed. Restarted all 4 Roku streaming sticks (3 are model 3810 one is a 3820) still no Tubi app.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone found a fix?

omfg1

Jump to solution

Thank you. I'm just gonna try to ignore it and hopefully they will resolve it overnight. You're right, its not just me lol

UserDude
Channel Surfer

TubiTV disappeared after update.

Jump to solution

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Today-s-11-14-App-Updates-Are-Broken-Inacces...

You'll need to wait for the incompetent Roku Employees that caused this issue with ALL app updates today to fix the issue with other "app updates" (check the update process from time to time) and hopefully be terminated, though considering the general tolerance of technical incompetence of Roku over the years, they'll probably be promoted.

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Not a good look at all that you have a Roku employee calling other Roku employees incompetent here, as being the reason for this mess.

Again, that's a pretty major thing IMHO.

0 Kudos
UserDude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Psilobite 

Perhaps because one of us isnt actually a Roku Employee, but rather a user that simply made an account to post, but because the Roku Employee(s) that manages this community is utterly incompetent (as per usual) and doesnt know how to configure the software, the other Not-Actual-Roku-Employee appears as such, having done nothing special to do so.

Again, incompetence (a Roku Classic).

Regardless, yes, lots of endemic corporate-tolerated incompetence at Roku going back many years, and this fiasco just highlights the latest example of it.

omfg1

Jump to solution

@UserDude thats hysterical. I knew there was no way you answered like that as a real employee lol. Also, I did one last ditch effort and simply restarted the system and viola. My apps came back. Weird. But I'm thankful. Have a nice night. Keep f*cking with people its funny!