Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UserDude
Channel Surfer

Today's 11/14 App Updates Are Broken/Inaccessible Due To App Management

Jump to solution

Someone really incompetent broke today's updates (Amazon Music/Tubi/Discovery+/NFL/etc):  Once updated, they are no longer listed in the UI (they remain "hidden" installed with version 0.0.0, but inaccessible/wont load).

Which "Roku Senior Engineer" is the source of this blunder?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Today's 11/14 App Updates Are Broken/Inaccessible Due To App Management

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

We believe this issue has now been resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend checking for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

If you were missing channels, some of these channels may be restored at the bottom of your home screen. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
mollylittlebird
Binge Watcher

Re: Is Discovery Plus available on Roku?

Jump to solution

I watched Discovery Plus on my Roku stream bar this morning and it is now gone. It says it is available in the channel offerings but it has disappeared from my channel line up.  I am not getting any response from Roku about it either.  They just cut it off with no warning. I am very glad I am an Amazon fire stick as I can watch it there.  This is ridiculous. I used to like Roku but since I have had to throw away 2 Roku streamers because my internet/wifi cut off in the middle of watching a show and they would not let me reload the wifi network again they were unusable. Now this!  What a **bleep** way to treat their customers. 

0 Kudos
mollylittlebird
Binge Watcher

Discovery plus is gone why?

Jump to solution

I was watching Discovery Plus on my Roku stream bar this morning. I went to the store and came back and now my Discovery channel in my channel line up has disappeared and although it says it is available when I search the channel offerings it will not allow me to view the channel. I have an Amazon fire stick and it is still available on that. So I know that the channel did not go down. Why are we no longer allowed to view Discovery Plus on Roku? 

SouthernChillin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep. My discovery plus disappeared along with tubi, TLCGo and HGTVGo. Who knows what else. App not showing but it says installed. Removed and added, still nothing. Can’t see apps or view them. Now what??

Nich

Jump to solution

Same here.  Discovery+ gone.  

UserDude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You should contact Roku CS, or one of the other not-so-competent Roku employees around these parts.

SouthernChillin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apparently my device isn’t covered by Roku support. 

0 Kudos
Shoshanna

Discovery+ disappeared from home screen

Jump to solution

My discovery+ has disappeared off the home screen on my roku streaming device.  When I try to add it back it just comes up with subscription options.  I already have a subscription and when I clicked to "add" the plan I already have, it comes up with a message telling me that I have an active subscription, but there is no way to sign into it.  I just need to figure out how to add it back to the home screen and possibly sign into the discovery account so we can watch our shows.  Also, when we click the * button on the remote it goes straight to the subscription page, no option to add like the other channels.

0 Kudos
UserDude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Pretend its an Ultra or Roku TV in the support wizard/menu options.

0 Kudos

DID ROKU JUST REMOVE THE FREE VERSION OF HGTV from their Channels?

Jump to solution

DID ROKU JUST REMOVE THE FREE VERSION OF HGTV from their Channels?

My wife was watching the regular HGTV Channel that had some free episodes and had been for years.  Today it started acting funny and then shut down.  When she looked up the channels we didn't see it in our saved list anymore.  I went looking and can only find the HGTV GO Channel which is for Cable and Dish Subscribers Only.  What happened to the Free Version of HGTV? 

Anyone?

0 Kudos