Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

Re: Three Menu Options Missing from Settings

That is not correct.  The 4K payer TV input and TV settings menu was working correctly when I first set this up.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar  Exactly. That’s why you mentioned about a TV at first. I was also thinking of a Roku TV. Not a player. Those features mentioned are on my Roku TVs but none of my Roku devices 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@slipshoddon  I own 10 Roku devices. 3 TCL Roku TVs, 3 Ultras and 4 Sticks. Only my TVs have the menu options you are describing. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@slipshoddon 

Do you have this Roku Express 4k streaming player hooked up to a RokuTV or other smartTV?

----

If you are using this device with a RokuTV, try using the RokuTV remote (not the Roku remote that came with the 4k device), press the Home button and see if you can now access a different Settings menu (the RokuTV settings menu) that should have these options.

Alternatively, you can unplug the Streaming player HDMI cable from the RokuTV and should be able to access these settings again, again with the RokuTV remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

Please refer to step four in the quick start instructions and please explain why the TV Inputs are displayed in the set up guide for the 4K+ Player. … Roku-Express-4K-plus set up guide 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@slipshoddon  Step 4 clearer says “Use your TV remote”. Step 4 is telling you how to set up your TV to the proper input. Not your Roku. If you want to see that screen press the input button on your TVs remote control. Step 4 has nothing to do with Roku TV not RokuTV not Roku