Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

Three Menu Options Missing from Settings

There are three menu options missing from the settings menu. Along with the TV Inputs, the other option missing is TV Picture.  Plus, the zip code menu is also missing from the System sub menu.  This is clearly a software problem, not a user error, and the likely result of a table error in the latest software release for certain devices like the 4K+.  Same thing happened to my mom's 4K+ device.  Can this be escalated to Roku production support?

Also, wanted to mention that I performed a factory reset without success, and this was working previously, but the menu items suddenly disappeared.

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Three Menu Options Missing from Settings

Roku does not make TVs. They make the software and sell it to companies like ONN, Hisense or TCL. Who manufactured your TV? Did you reach out to them? Was the TV like this since new? How long have you owned it? What’s the model number? Can you provide more details please 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@slipshoddon 

Is it possible that your RokuTV may be set to Store/Demo mode rather than Home mode.

Try doing another Factory Reset (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset) and see if you are provided a Home option during setup.

This may account for the missing features you mentioned. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

No, my Roku TV is not missing any menu items, but two 4K players are. Already tried the factory reset and this is a background table error not a hardware device error. My mom experienced the same issue.

Since the API and Front-end is working, I believe the problem is with source code tables in the cloud.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@slipshoddon  What’s the model number of your Roku devices? When and where did you purchase them from? How long ago did you purchase them from? So these are Roku devices missing menu options? Can you please provide more details

0 Kudos
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

Are you kidding me?  These are Express 4K+ Streaming Players purchased from Amazon in the last seven days.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@slipshoddon  No I am not kidding you. The model number gives prudent information needed to help diagnose your issue. Also what is the Roku software version number? If you just bought them 7 days ago off Amazon have you reached out to the seller? Were these new or refurbished units? If I were you I would reach out to the seller for a refund. But please provide the model numbers and software version numbers. So these have been like this since you bought them?

0 Kudos
slipshoddon
Binge Watcher

I think you must be kidding.  Amazon.com: Roku Express 4K+ 2021 | Streaming Media Player HD/4K/HDR with Smooth Wireless Streaming ...

A return will only delay the resolution for two units, but it will not resolve a cloud software issue.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@slipshoddon  Can you please provide the model numbers on your Roku devices along with the software version. Missing menu options is not a normal thing and it sounds to me like the seller sold you defective items. What does it say in your purchase history? And yes if you think there is an issue the best thing to do is to return them. That would be the first step is to return them. If you tried a factory reset already then something could be defective in the units. I always buy my Roku right from the store. Walmart or Best Buy

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@slipshoddon 

The features you are mentioning (TV Inputs, Picture, and Zip Codes), are all features of a RokuTV.

These features are not part of a Roku Streaming device (an attached player like the Express 4k/4k+ or the Streaming Stick 4k/4k+).

TV Inputs and Picture Settings would be handled directly by the TV that your Roku Streaming device is connected to. (it is not part of the Roku device itself).

There are some Video Settings that are part of an attached Roku Streaming device under Settings that include your Display Resolution,  but any color/picture adjustments would need to made through the TV's picture settings menu, not the Roku menu.

----

A RokuTV contains all these features because it is basically a TV with Roku OS installed on the TV itself.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102