Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
05reinvent
Channel Surfer

Re: There are YYoutube TV is not on Roku home screen. How to I add?

As stated previously. The Roku support team investigated my issue during which I provided the model# and serial#. They assured me not an older Roku issue.

Again I defy anyone out there to state that they are seeing both the "YouTube" and the "YouTube TV" app. on their Roku home screen? Note: these are not the same apps.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, I have both on ALL my roku devices, pay $67 a month for YTTV. Have you tried accessing YTTV by entering the plain You tube channel on left scroll all the way down to see You Tube Tv, sign in. At least you have some form of access. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Strega
Roku Guru

Just to be clear on the difference - here is where you install the Roku YouTube channel.

And here is where you install the Roku YouTubeTV channel.

Two different Roku channel/apps, two different descriptions, two different URLs, two different logos.

I've never tried Roku support, but call/chat support for many products is handled out of call centers in countries where the product isn't available and/or the person in the call center couldn't possibly afford it.  Most of the support runs from scripts, and if that fails, a clever support person might start browsing this forum for an answer.  As such, their script might be old, or they might have found an old thread. 

0 Kudos
05reinvent
Channel Surfer

Thank you for feedback. I appreciate it very much. Have tried to do this from channel store (your link)? I did and the YouTube TV was not installed on my Roku enable TV.  Just clicking this link, hit install is never going to install YouTube TV.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Well, this might bring us back to earlier questions of location and model number.  I personally have never installed anything from the channel store that disappeared, but there are thousands of Roku channel/apps and I have only installed a small fraction of them.  Likewise, this may have been mentioned before as well, have you made sure that the Roku account you were logged into when you pressed Install is the same roku account your roku device is logged into (On Roku: Settings > System > About)?  Does the "installed" status of other apps in the channel store match what you see on your Roku home screen?