Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBCT
Channel Surfer

Thanking The Roku Team For Recent Update Fix

A simple thanks to the Roku team for recognizing that there was a huge problem with the units NOT going into Standby/Sleep Mode with the 10.5 - 10.5.0 - 10.5.0 (Again) update. As of 10/21/2021, the LATEST update and Build appears to have resolved the problems. It may have taken nearly a month, but YOU nailed it....Thank You All!!!! 

6 REPLIES 6
Rosco989
Reel Rookie

Re: Thanking The Roku Team For Recent Update Fix

I am still having this problem.  Roku device wants to get into sleep and within 10 secs it turns back on the TV and goes to the settings page of the device. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rosco989

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thekideo
Channel Surfer

The main issue I have now is slow startup time on Roku ultra 

0 Kudos
Rosco989
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

It is pretty simple to reproduce.  If you wait 20 mins of no interaction for the auto power savings to kick in, the TV and the Roku turn off (Or go to sleep).  Within 20 secs, the TV and the Roku turn back on.   After the power is restored, the Roku device goes from the Home menu to the Settings menu automatically.

Model:  4800x - Roku Ultra

Software Version 10.5.0 : Build 4191-C2

TV Model: Samsung UN65MU9000

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Brian-17
Channel Surfer

I have three Roku Ultras (4800X) with software version 10.5.0. They all work great! I really like the new 'Auto power savings' feature but it would be nice to have a longer timeout period than just 20 minutes. It would be great if it also had the choice of 1 or 2 hours before powering off.

0 Kudos
Rosco989
Reel Rookie

Still the same issue I am experiencing.  Should I start a new thread?
“ 

Hi Danny,

It is pretty simple to reproduce.  If you wait 20 mins of no interaction for the auto power savings to kick in, the TV and the Roku turn off (Or go to sleep).  Within 20 secs, the TV and the Roku turn back on.   After the power is restored, the Roku device goes from the Home menu to the Settings menu automatically.

Model:  4800x - Roku Ultra

Software Version 10.5.0 : Build 4191-C2

TV Model: Samsung UN65MU9000

Thanks!“

0 Kudos