Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
youngah76

TV won't stop explaining every navigation click from remote.

Jump to solution

TV won't stop explaining every navigation click from remote. Does anyone know how to turn off this setting. I believe it happened after an update.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: TV won't stop explaining every navigation click from remote.

Jump to solution

Hi @youngah76

Thanks for the post.

By explaining, do you mean the TV is describing what is in the screen? If so, turn it off by pressing the star (*) button on the Roku remote four times quickly. Please note that the same instructions will turn on the screen reader or audio guide. 

For more information, you can check out this link: How to enable the text-to-speech screen reader on your Roku® streaming device

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @youngah76

Thanks for the post.

By explaining, do you mean the TV is describing what is in the screen? If so, turn it off by pressing the star (*) button on the Roku remote four times quickly. Please note that the same instructions will turn on the screen reader or audio guide. 

For more information, you can check out this link: How to enable the text-to-speech screen reader on your Roku® streaming device

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
youngah76

Jump to solution

Your instructions worked perfectly!  Thank You!