Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tre3
Reel Rookie

TV in Guest Mode - Disappeared From My Linked Devices

New to guest mode...

Have a Roku TV in a short term rental. It was listed with "My Linked Devices." Tenants just moved in, and now the device is no longer listed with "My Linked Devices." Don't believe that is supposed to happen, is it? Will it reappear when they sign out? If not, how can I relink it?

Thank you,
Todd

7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV in Guest Mode - Disappeared From My Linked Devices

@tre3 

Do you think it's possible they did a factory reset and connected the device to their own Roku account? I'm pretty much asking others here, as I've never set up Guest Mode myself. I thought it still appeared on your list of linked devices in Guest Mode, but others may have better information.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
tre3
Reel Rookie

Hi DBDukes.

thank you for your reply. That’s what I am thinking they did. Based on my limited experience, that’s the only thing that makes sense. Going to talk to the property manager tomorrow. Was looking for specific questions to ask them. This is one of question for them. 🌝

Anyone else have any ideas?

thank you,

Todd

0 Kudos
renojim

It definitely should still show on your account since you're supposed to be able to disable guest mode via the webpage.  Maybe they know a way to get it out of guest mode?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@renojim wrote:

... Maybe they know a way to get it out of guest mode?

I thought a factory reset, via a physical pinhole/button would do that, if they know the thirty little secret.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim

@DBDukes wrote:

I thought a factory reset, via a physical pinhole/button would do that, if they know the thirty little secret

Judging by the posts from people with TVs that can't get them out of guest mode I didn't think that worked, but going back over those posts it's not clear if they were doing it properly.

@DBDukes, may be right.  They factory reset it and linked it to their account.  You'll have to factory reset it again to link it back to your account (assuming they don't steal it).  😉

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
tre3
Reel Rookie

That must be it. Thought I was going nuts! They're still there. 🙂

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Edit

0 Kudos