Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AuntBaker

Sudden unexplained overheating

all of a sudden my Roku is overheating after about an hour of use. It is not contained, not in direct sunlight, I can not see here what other explanation could cause this. It is apx four years old. And is not overused. It is on a downstairs family room tv that just gets a few hours of use in the evening several nights a week. The message comes across the screen. I have unplugged it, left it unplugged for almost 24 hours, and then the same thing happens. Is this something that happens normally? Does it need replacing every few years? I love my Roku..:( 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sudden unexplained overheating

@AuntBaker 

Which Roku device do you have? Model number will help. Oh, the OS version/build may be helpful as well.

Settings > System > About

Be aware that I have some Roku devices older than that and they're running fine. It could be that yours is giving out, but let's check some things first. Provide the information and let's see where that leads us.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sudden unexplained overheating

Hi @AuntBaker,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved with your Roku device overheating, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos