Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Subtitles keep turning on

Jump to solution

I just fixed the problem. On individual app, press * on remote control and a pop up option comes on screen. Use the right  arrow to turn off caption.

This worked for me onCBC News.

MikeKelehan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just started happening to me today on the CBS News app. Just starting the app sets my captions to always on, at the system level. Very annoying that apps are allowed to do this! 

gypsyBytes
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my new roku express+. Instead of making your customers jump through hoops reinstalling a bunch of apps, why don't you fix the bug in the next update.

RichRunner

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with the CBS News app.  Why is an app allowed to change Roku's global accessibility settings?  This should not be allowed, period!

susad2985
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It keeps coming on on all of the apps CBS news 10 tv news netflix and rocku channel when i turn it off and go back to CBS news it keeps buffering for along time and then it comes back on so why can't it stay off it has for years but now its acting up I don't understand it 

0 Kudos
susad2985
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

mine keep turning back on on CBS News because if I turn it off and put on CBSNews it keeps buffering and then the closed caption comes back on and it stays on every one but I turn it off and go to another app then it stays off it only comes on CBS News but it just started this week and it never did before so why is this happening to us its just not very fair that we have to deal with this so please don't say take it off because I did and I just don't know what to do to stop this from happening to us

0 Kudos
GregLakes
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mines been doing it too, specifically CBSN. Can't figure out how to permanently stop it.

nancylo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing.  It turned off yesterday evening and stayed off.  Now today it won't stay on off  CBS/CBSN.  If this keeps happening, I'll watch another channel and cancel CBS All Access, as this is ridiculous.  I know that some people have to have it.  But for those of us who don't need the Closed Caption, it is very frustrating. 

Giantmetalrabit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So Roku updated 2 days ago to build 4206-88 and since then, my TCL Roku TV is showing same symptoms. CBSN, NBCN are two of the apps which show captions, even if you turn captions off on the app, go to another app, then back to the app you just turned off CC, they are back on. Any live TV, such as CBS All Access "on bow" does not show captions or any of the live TV stations and Roku channels...definitely an annoyance.

Giantmetalrabit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That was supposed to read "On Now" sorry

0 Kudos