Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
empiretc
Channel Surfer

Re: Subtitles keep turning on

Jump to solution

Yep.  It still comes and goes.  really annoying you have to exit to the main menu to turn them off. 

C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If the program is a foreign language program, subtitles will automatically turn on regardless of what you have set in your accessibility settings. This has happened to me many times. But, if you check the subtitle settings it may still be off. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The other thing- press the play button again like you do when you are going to pause the program. Pause the program. Use the right arrow (by the OK button), and go to the CC setting, and then switch it off. That way, you don't have to exit out of the program and go into your settings and switch off the CC settings. 

0 Kudos
ddevonb73
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem on my ultra players. It started about a month ago.

empiretc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

yep, ours is still doing it

Peterpetrovich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku 4660x2 my subtitles stay off , I want them on. Using Sling TV. 

Explain me Y do U have 2 menus:

Accessibility - Closed captions & lower

Closed captions .

Its 2 exact copies of the same feature. Update the menu. Simplicity is the key to success. 

My bluetooth remote is not working, I just gave up, its sitting under my tv getting dust. I purchased infrared outdated remote which only works when I direct it straight towards tv. U know the solution will be when U release new software that supports certain wireless routers. I just gave up with remote issue but I cannot use headphones that U marketed that I can connect to the remote and listen to TV . Also I was expecting to find remote feature. I cannot use it because wireless remote is dead. I tried reprogramming different channels on my router, it doesnt work. 

Now it is subtitles. A lot of features are raw and need reprogramming. Its dissappointing. Will do hard reset to try to fix subtitles, already did restart after removing Sling TV channel, didnt help.

0 Kudos
AugieSeaman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This definitely seems like a bug that roku needs to address. Persists through reboots, across apps, remove/re-add of apps, etc. Very annoying. 

ddevonb73
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree. I've had every generation the top model of Roku player for 10 years and had multiple Ultras for quite awhile and I've never had this problem until recently after a software update. This flaw is serious enough that it should have been reported by the beta testers and fixed before general release. 

empiretc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agreed.  Nothing has corrected this issue and it is very annoying. 

Rocknrolz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I have to turn off subtitles daily. I hope this will be fixed. Otherwise I love my Roku Ultra.