Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charles311
Reel Rookie

Streaming Stick Suggestion

I noticed the Roku streaming stick overheats a lot, maybe there could be some vent slots on the stick so the heat can escape. Or maybe some thermal tape can some how be applied to the stick and that may help the heat problem. This is just a suggestion.  We LOVE the Roku but, after using the streaming stick if we were first time users we wouldn't like it after that happens, but it can be improved with the said suggestion above.  We are not technicians but because we are in the AC field we tend to problem solve things like this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming Stick Suggestion

Roku offers a free Hdmi extender that allows the device to sit further away from the TV's heat or if your HDMI port configuration doesn't allow the stick to seat properly because of orientation.

https://my.roku.com/hdmi

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Charles311
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Stick Suggestion

They sent us one and it didn't solve the problem with the overheating.  We  were hoping that it would but it didn't.  That is why I made the suggestion in the first place.  Thank you anyways!

0 Kudos