Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrblack
Streaming Star

Streaming Stick 4K / Roku OS 10.5.1

Received my new Roku Streaming Stick 4k's today. Replaced all my old Streaming Stick +.

I have a few things going on with all of them that was not happening on the older sticks. Curious to know if others are observing similar buggy behaviors?

• Plex, Netflix, YouTubeTV random app crashes.
  • Complete OS Freeze-ups lasting a few minutes(unresponsive, indocates "not connected" in the upper right hand corner)
  • Not retaining App settings after a complete power down/reboot
  • The remote is intermittently unresponsive after periods of inactivity requiring several presses before it wakes
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming Stick 4K / Roku OS 10

The first question is are you using the supplied USB power adapter and not your TV's USB port?                                                                        

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
chrblack
Streaming Star

I am using the TV usb power, however that’s how I have always done it and with no issues. it’s prt of the attraction to the sticks vs ultra’s. I’ll try using the USB power adapter.

0 Kudos
renojim

Let us know if it solves the problem.  I'm sure you'll let us know if it doesn't. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
chrblack
Streaming Star

It’ll be a bit, but I’ll let you know. I had to order some 1’ extension cords with flat plug in order to fit the USB adapter behind my televisions.

0 Kudos
chrblack
Streaming Star

I now have my Roku's plugged in via the included USB power adapter. I am still experiencing crashes in Netflix, and App freezes/video pixelization in YouTube TV. It's tolerable, but not ideal, and these issues didn't exist with my previous sticks.

0 Kudos
renojim

That's unfortunate.  It's possible it's just a bad stick.  The only other thing I can suggest to try is the short HDMI extension cable.  It can help if the stick is overheating or the TV itself is generating interference.  I don't know how long it will take to get it and many people report trouble ordering it, but you can get one from Roku at https://my.roku.com/HDMI .  Make sure you use the serial number that shows under Settings->System->About or shows on your account at https://my.roku.com under "Linked devices" and not the one on the stick itself.  Only Roku knows why they don't match.

0 Kudos
chrblack
Streaming Star

Interesting... The devices don't appear to be overheating, but all 3 of my new 4K's are having similar issues. I tried to submit the HDMI form on 3 different devices using 4 different browsers and when I click the continue button nothing happens. 

I ordered a Fire TV Stick 4K Max (arriving Wednesday) to try. Not sure I'll like it, but it does come with faster processor, and WiFi6 which could come in useful playing my in home library of 4K rips.

0 Kudos