Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GT5

Stopping Closed Captioning

Has anyone solved the issue of stopping closed captioning? I have done just about everything possible according to all postings that I can find. No help from Roku.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Stopping Closed Captioning

Hey @GT5

I hope you're doing well.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Does the problem occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If it does happen on multiple channels, please name some of it by replying to this post.

Furthermore, the steps on this Support article may help: Turning closed captions on or off

We'll be able to assist you once we have further details of your concern.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cooperjs1
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue, closed captioning seems to have a mind of its own. I can set it to "always off" in the main settings, the next morning it is on when watching my antenna TV channels. I can turn it back off, later when I use the Pluto TV app, it has turned itself on again. This doesn't have anything to do with a particular app, I have the same apps that I have always had. The issue suddenly showed up without any changes made on my part. There are multiple forums regarding closed captioning issues, their support team was totally useless,. Good luck everyone!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cooperjs1

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure that you've changed the specific channel's settings for closed captions as well? Please be aware that some channels may override your Roku settings.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cooperjs1
Channel Surfer

I have, multiple times. I got the same questions from the support team. They didn't work then and don't work now. The closed captioning settings on the system and apps keep switching to "Always On" without any input from me. There are tons of posts across several forums about closed captioning issues, yet the problems remain. This is not something that I or any other Roku user are missing, something is wrong, fix it.

0 Kudos