Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldduffergolf
Reel Rookie

Spectrum App Crashing with NEW Roku

I just bought a new Roku Ultra on 11/26/2002. It seemed to set up fine.

I have two issues. The worst one is that the Spectrum TV app crashes every 3 minutes on the new device.

I've tried everything. Any ideas?

What makes me angry is it works fine on my old Roku Devices.

Also, why would they have removed the ability to play WMA files from Roku Media Player?

I plays MP3 files, but will not play a WMA. My old devices play WMA files.

Any Ideas are appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum App Crashing with NEW Roku

I don't know about the problem with Spectrum other than it seems to have more than it's fair share of problems, but WMA support was removed years ago, so your old devices (assuming they're Roku devices) must be pretty old and no longer receiving updates.

The only suggestion for the Spectrum channel/app is the usual remove, restart, and add the channel/app again.  Don't skip the restarting of your Ultra step or do the steps in any other order.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
oldduffergolf
Reel Rookie

I called Spectrum they do not support a Gen 4 Roku at this time according them. Error RBF-2101-37 on their end.

Roku error. The other Rokus on my network work just fine.

They suggested I return the Roku or wait for an update of their app.  It's not clear they are supporting the 4k device.

Resetting the modem did not work.

App runs for almost exactly 3 minutes and crashes. I have it set for 1080 p. Tried 720 p. Same issue.

It's a mystery. 

0 Kudos
oldduffergolf
Reel Rookie

The Roku website says the Roku Ultra 4k HDR plays WMA files. I'm not sure with what. Roku Media Player won't play WMA files I have.

0 Kudos