Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bassringer

Software update on new Roku Express

Jump to solution

Recently, Prime Video quit working on my old Express.  By the time Amazon finished trying to fix my problem, they had my old Express to the point where the only thing that would play on it was the Roku network.  Amazon resolved the issue by issuing a gift card for the cost of a new Roku Express.  The new unit arrived today and I did the set up.  I'm at the point where it wants to update the software, but it says it can't update the software and gives me "Error Code:  005."  I know it's not an internet issue because I was watching the Roku channel on my old unit right before setting up this one and the signal strength was "Excellent."  Is there an issue with the software update?  How do I get past this point so I can use my Roku and see everything I stream?  Or should I return this Roku to Amazon since it's not working and buy an Amazon Fire Stick instead?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Software update on new Roku Express

Jump to solution

Hi @Bassringer,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue. 

For this specific error, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Thanks,

Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Software update on new Roku Express

Jump to solution

Hi @Bassringer,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue. 

For this specific error, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos