Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgmarble

Software update error 007

One of my Roku devices has been trying to do a software update, but it indicates it is not connected to my wireless router.  The message I get is "Can't update software Error 007".

I have done several resets of the device and my wireless signal is excellent (all other devices in home are working great).  I also did a factory reset.  I also placed it closer to the router and still won't update.

Any information on how to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JGMarble

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Software update error 007

If you can, try using your phone's hotspot and connect your Roku device to that just to get past the update.  You don't mention the model number of your Roku, but keep in mind when you enable your hotspot that some devices only support 2.4GHz channels 1 to 11.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

A mí también me pasa lo mismo 

Si pudiste tener solución para que me regales las indicaciones por favor.

Gracias 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @sebastianramire

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please be aware that the Roku Community only supports the English language and we had to use Google translate to understand your inquiry.  Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? How long has the issue been occurring?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos