Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevel12345
Reel Rookie

Should I get voice remote or replace w/Express?

Jump to solution

My 3600x streaming stick remote died (again, second time this happened). First I just want to verify that the Voice Remote is the proper remote to buy that's compatible with the 3600x.

Secondly, since the 3600x is so old, I'm wondering if I should just replace it with an Express. I don't care about the voice feature on the remote and I don't care about 4K or HDR. Does the Express have a faster processor or any other advantages over the 3600x?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Should I get voice remote or replace w/Express?

Jump to solution

@stevel12345

Thanks for the inquiry.

To answer your questions:

• Yes the voice remote is the correct replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick (3600)
  • Indeed, the Streaming Stick (3600) is about 4 years old and considered an older device. If you are not interested in the remote features such as the voice remote and private listening, the Roku Express would be a suitable replacement remote and would hopefully prevent your remote from going out easily as it is an IR remote.

Feel free to compare the Roku devices that we offer on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Should I get voice remote or replace w/Express?

Jump to solution

@stevel12345

Thanks for the inquiry.

To answer your questions:

• Yes the voice remote is the correct replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick (3600)
  • Indeed, the Streaming Stick (3600) is about 4 years old and considered an older device. If you are not interested in the remote features such as the voice remote and private listening, the Roku Express would be a suitable replacement remote and would hopefully prevent your remote from going out easily as it is an IR remote.

Feel free to compare the Roku devices that we offer on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos