Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred85
Reel Rookie

Selectable channels by imputing channel number or network

Is there a roku device that enables channel entry by channel number or network?  Currently I have to surf to locate the channel I want

i hope for a better channel locating device

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Selectable channels by imputing channel number or network

@Fred85 

There are third party remotes that support Roku and have numbers. I cannot speak to how well they work.

You did not say which Roku device you have, and that could matter if you go the universal remote route. Universal IR remotes do not work withe Roku sticks. Also, the codes for Roku devices are different than the codes for Roku TVs (Roku doesn't make Roku TVs, and the manufactures use different codes from standard Roku devices).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Fred85
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply. Does roku make a device to enable channel selection?  We cut the spectrum cable cord and like the punch in channel locator. Are there any options to get this feature?

thanks again 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Fred85 

Not at the device level.

Some apps that utilize channel numbers have on-screen number pads available -- Comcast/Xfinity does this, for instance -- but most apps do not offer this.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Fred85
Reel Rookie

Rats……thanks again but it appears I am SOL on selectable channels. Wife hates having to “go fish” when changing channels. I guess we are done

thanks again

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Fred85 

You didn't say what app you were using that had channels with numbers. Some of them allow you to mark certain channels as favorites, and place them together at the top, or in a Favorites filter. While that wouldn't give you exactly what you're after, it would narrow down the list of channels through which one had to scroll.

Not all apps support this, however, but if the one you're using does, this may make it more tolerable.

DBDukes

0 Kudos