Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KellyGerms
Reel Rookie

Search option missing on home screen

Jump to solution

Hi. What countries is the search function available in? It's pathetic that something so simple is not available worldwide. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Search option missing on home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @KellyGerms 

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please be advised that the 'Search' functionality is not available if you are using a Roku device linked to a Roku account created in a region in which we do not directly market or sell Roku devices, including Roku TVs. 

Currently, it is only available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Mexico and the United States for Spanish. 

For more information, you can visit this Support link: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku® Search?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @KellyGerms 

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please be advised that the 'Search' functionality is not available if you are using a Roku device linked to a Roku account created in a region in which we do not directly market or sell Roku devices, including Roku TVs. 

Currently, it is only available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Mexico and the United States for Spanish. 

For more information, you can visit this Support link: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku® Search?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zxx123

Jump to solution

Is it possible to delete the search option from the home screen?  It just showed up on mine and I don't want it there.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Zxx123

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We understand your request to remove the search option on your Roku device. As of the moment, we do not have this feature available. We'll pass it along to our team for review and consideration. 

Who knows, you may see your suggestion implemented in a future update. You can check out our blog for the latest news and upcoming updates.
Thanks for your interest and we hope to expand with more features to provide our customers with the best streaming experience.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
PiecedOff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Please urge them to remove it or relocate it.  If you want search to be a click away from Home then put it immediately above or below home on the left side menu bar.

Putting it into the channel grid, and then inserting it in such a way that you are forced to navigate through it before you can access any channels is inconvenient and shows a real lack of thought on the part of UX development as to how people use their Roku devices.

As I said in the first sentence if the developers wanted search to be one click from home, just make it adjacent to home on the left.  You navigate directly from the search results to the relevant channel(s) so there is no advantage to having it integrated into the channel grid.  Don't make it an extra step...an obstacle really...between home and the actual channels.  

I have deliberately arranged my channels by how much I view them.  Now Roku has inserted a feature I almost never use between where I begin and where I want to go first.

0 Kudos