Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screensaver won't engage, it tries but fails

Jump to solution

Did you restart the TV?  I don't know how else to say it.  Simply turning it off and on doesn't do anything!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RW620
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Like I said before...I have unplugged the TV and even unplugged the router & modem.  If there is a different way to "restart" the TV, I'd love to hear it!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RW620, my apologies.  I totally skipped over that statement.  The restart from the Settings->System->Power menu will accomplish the same thing as unplugging the TV, so that would be the other way to restart it.

Since it's happening with multiple (is it all?) screensavers, the only other thing I can think of that could cause it is some kind of spurious remote signal, but it seems like it would have to be practically constant to cause a screensaver to exit right after it activates.  That doesn't seem likely because it would probably cause other issues if it was happening.  Still, you might want to try taking the batteries out of the remote and ensuring there's no other remotes in the vicinity that might have a stuck button and are interfering.

Beyond that, the next thing would be to try to generate an "Issue ID" when it happens to pass on to someone like @RokuDanny-R .  I don't know what happens with those things, but I don't have any other ideas.

"To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here)."

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RW620
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I guess I'll have to generate an issue ID because I have already done the battery removal (in both remotes).  I'll admit I haven't tried every single screensaver, but I did try several.  Thanks for trying to help!

0 Kudos
RW620
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Issue ID 59-286-249

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RW620

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RW620
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku TV 7203X

Model LC-55LBU591U

Serial YN001M028859

ID 9J68C1028859

Software 11.0.0

Tracker ID 59-290-475

It doesn't work no matter the channel, even Home screen.  No real steps, it happens whenever the TV is on...if the Home screen is on longer for longer the screensaver set time, if a show or movie finishes, whenever the screensaver would normally kick in.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RW620

Can you please specify what channel you are watching when the screensaver does not engage, or does the screensaver not engage on all channels? In addition, what is your screensaver set as?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RW620
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It does not engage at all on any channel, not even on the home screen.  I've tried at least a dozen different screensavers with the same results.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RW620

Thanks for the posts.

Do you have any external devices connected to the TV by any chance? If so, have you tried disconnecting all of the devices to see if that helps?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, as a last resort, have you already tried to perform a factory reset on the Roku TV to see if that resolves the issue?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator