Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonL1
Binge Watcher

Screensaver not consistant accross channels

It seems my chosen screensaver does not get used across channels. It plays consistently from the home screen, but sometimes it plays on my channels and sometimes it goes back to the default roku rain screensaver. The roku help desk was of no help. They had no idea. Just wanted me to restart the roku ultra.  Has anyone else seen this ?  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screensaver not consistant accross channels

Channel developers can override the Roku screensaver you select and either offer their own or use one of the other available screensavers on your device. There's nothing Roku can do about this, it's under total control of the channel developer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
renojim

In general you get "Logo rain" for the screensaver when you pause a video in any channel/app.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RonL1
Binge Watcher

That isn't true in my case,  for the same movie in youtube tv, I will sometimes get rain, or sometimes get the screensaver selection I picked (fall colors)  I guess I should be happy that I'm retaining my sound.  I had that problem too.  The switching to Dolby sound and pass-through seemed to correct that.   It was that or not using a screensaver at all.  Both ways seem to work for the sound.    

0 Kudos
renojim

That's why I said "in general".  Logo rain comes right from the OS and there's not much, if anything, a developer can do about it.  I think if there's not enough available resources to run your selected (or the channel/app's private) screensaver you get "Logo rain" or a blank screen.  What causes it to sometimes be able to run your selected screensaver is anyone's guess.  You should always get your screensaver or the channel/app's private screensaver when you're not in a paused video (or a game).

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RonL1
Binge Watcher

Thank you for responding. It's great to have help available !

0 Kudos