Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bucksnorts
Channel Surfer

Screen saver mode don't work

With the new update it seems my Roku box's screensaver does not work anymore. When I power on the box, It goes directly to main page. Screensaver never activates, I went through everything, even changed the amount of time for screensaver activation..No screensaver, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Screen saver mode don't work

I'm seeing that my chosen (Roku Digital Clock) screensaver works on the main Roku page but when in other apps it uses my settings for how quickly the screensaver is activated but in YouTube it defaults to the Logo Rain version of the screensaver and in Prime Video it defaults to a black screen.

#Roku Stick

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That's just how it works when you pause a video.  I'm not exactly sure why sometimes it's logo rain and sometimes it's just blank, but you won't see your chosen screensaver when a video is paused on any channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
bucksnorts
Channel Surfer

When I'm done with my Roku I don't shut it off in a channel. I make sure it's on the main screen. Screensaver never on when I turn Roku back on, goes to main screen.

renojim

@bucksnorts, sorry I was replying to @ukoruser97531

Did your Roku recently update to software version 10.5?  Check what's shown under Settings->System->About.

0 Kudos
bucksnorts
Channel Surfer

It updated to software version 10.5

renojim

@bucksnorts, do you have a new Settings->System->Power option?  If so, you can disable the "Auto power saving" feature which blanks the screen.

I think 10.5 has totally screwed up screensavers.  There's a long thread about how the light on the front that should go off when the screensaver starts comes back on for no reason.  I have the opposite issue - my light never comes on no matter what.  Roku updates since the dawn of time have always come with a slew of bugs.  Some get fixed eventually, some not so much, but they never get fixed quickly.

PRK1212

I suppose everyone know how to screensaver back on any roku box. I am running the newest Roku and my wanted a screensaver on her Roku TV, I found out now screen saver is listed under theme,  just go to settings select theme and click on theme. If you already know this fine I never wanted it but my wife ask me about it.

Currently waiting to see if my screensaver turns on and actually stays on the screen. Thank you for your input about the auto power saving. Now that I think about it, it’s pretty neat feature but maybe they could’ve included it in the set up.. because I switched from a Roku express to a Roku express 4K plus, and I noticed that would come back to a black screen, and my screensaver would never hold up even when I chose the channel. As I’m writing this, my screen automatically did go to my screensaver and I’m assuming it will stay like that since I did the suggested power saving mode off. Thank you! I’m sure when I’m paying my own light bill I would appreciate the power saving mode and sometimes you want the TV to say the time when it’s not in use. 🙂 

0 Kudos