Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen reader won't disable

Press *  then scroll to "Accessibility & Captions". Then go to "AUDIO TRACK". There it should say ENGLISH more than once. Mine didn't have anything after it. Just the word "English" twice, one didn't say "descriptive text" behind it, but it might have other language options. Just click on other "English" option. Should fix it! Drive me nuts too, boxes were all unchecked. This was the solution.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
bonvechioc
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen reader won't disable

I have this same issue but only with Paramount star trek offerings and only on one roku device, yes I know how bizarre that sounds. But I can watch other show on paramount on that same roku device and works fine but if i turn on a star trek offering screen reader is activated.  It does not show as activated on settings but it is on somehow. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @bonvechioc 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to the channel's customer support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their app that may resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Let us know if you need more help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bonvechioc
Reel Rookie

Actually the user above RenoJim had the answer.  For me going into Audio track and choosing the other English, the word was repeated twice for some odd reason, turned off that audio track

0 Kudos
Gvseostud

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have same problem- screen reader is disabled but Roku device still announces “volume up” and “volume down” - can’t turn this off

0 Kudos
Gvseostud

So it’s the TV not Roku - thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Gvseostud

Thanks for the post.

We are glad that you were able to resolve your issue with the screen reader. In case the issue resurfaced, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Have a great day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bonvechioc
Reel Rookie

Look up the user RenoJim in this thread he had the solution.   While it was a TV setting I still think somehow Roku caused this.  If I switched to a old fashion antenna the problem disappeared. It was only on Roku/Paramount/Star trek series. very odd

0 Kudos