Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connie10
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen reader won't disable

Jump to solution

Let me clarify, the screen reader only reads TV functions, not shoes. If I turn the volume up, it would loudly announce, volume 19,” or ‘mute,’ etc. When I first turn on the TV, it would announce, “Universal remote,….” 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Connie10, that's your TV doing that.  It has nothing to do with your Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Connie10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you renojim. It’s fixed and I am so happy! I did not suspect it was my lg TV setting. 

0 Kudos
Lowski
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok. It s NARRATING only on Adult Swim and I can’t figure out how to stop it. I’ve done your suggestions. Anyone else have any ideas? Thank you in advance for your replies 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Lowski, narrating what's happening in a video and "screen reader" are two completely different things.  If you're getting narration of a video you need to look for a different audio track.  You should be able to change it by pressing the * button on your remote while watching the video.  Look for "Audio track" under the Accessibility options.  Some channels/apps have a different way to select the audio track before you start the video.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.