Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaintedHarley
Reel Rookie

Roku won’t boot all the way up

I can’t get my roku express to boot all the way up. It’ll give me the little dancing logo in the beginning, then when it’s supposed to go to the home menu it just turns itself off. I can’t get into the settings menu or anything. Help!!!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won’t boot all the way up

How are you powering it?  Is it connected to your TV's USB port or did you get a USB power adapter with it that you should be using?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TaintedHarley
Reel Rookie

It’s connected with the HDMI and plugged into the wall. Like I’ve always had it. I just moved so I’m plugging it in at my new place. Can’t get it to boot all the way. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I would make sure the little USB power adapter is the right one since all of those little blocks look the same.  See if it has "Roku" on it somewhere or look at the fine print and make sure it says something like "Output:  5V 1A" (or 1000mA).  If that all checks out then the next thing is probably a factory reset (usually the last resort).  With the power connected use a paperclip or something similar to press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds while ignoring anything that may appear onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TaintedHarley
Reel Rookie

Ok I’ll look at that. Thank you for the suggestion and help 

0 Kudos