Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digitout

Roku will not update with WIFI or USB

My Roku TV will not update.  I have not been able to get Netflix to work on my Roku since it was purchased. I was starting to have issues with other streaming services like Disney and Prime. I kept trying to update the TV but it always failed with Error code 006. Finally broke down and tried a factory reset after everywhere I looked said this was the final step if nothing else worked. Now, my TV only gets antenna channels.  When I try setting up the WIFI connection, it finds my WIFI, says it is excellent (green checks on both connections). When I ran the update, it will get to 99% and then say the update failed and try again later.  I then went and tried a USB update and the same thing happens, goes to 99% and then says the update failed.  Since I cannot update, my TV is not recognized by ROKU and has sent my back to the 20th century. Not sure what can be done but here is my info just the same:

Roku device: 7824X; Serial #: YN00T1507151; Device ID: 3Y506T507151; Software OS: 10.5.0 build 4210-AM; ISP: Optimum (Suddenlink); Router: TP Link

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku will not update with WIFI or USB

@Digitout, you should try to contact the manufacturer (Roku doesn't make the TVs) since the USB update is failing.  They may just point you right back to Roku, but maybe they have some other suggestion to try.

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Another thing to try for the Wi-Fi update is to connect to an alternate network like your phone's hotspot if possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.