Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSM13
Reel Rookie

Roku ultra device serial number not same as on line s/n in my account

Jump to solution

My new Roku Ultra serial number on unit IS NOT the same as registered device on my Roku online account ??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku ultra device serial number not same as on line s/n in my account

Jump to solution

For reasons only Roku can fathom, Roku devices have two unique numbers and at times they're both referred to as "serial numbers".  Check under Settings->System->About and you should see both numbers listed as "Serial number" and "Device ID".  One of those should match what shows up under your linked devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MSM13

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community.

We will go through these details with you. Can you let us know if you obtained your Roku device serial number from the device itself or from the Roku device setting menu? We recommend going to Settings > System > About, as you can find the device's serial number and associated Roku account email address on this page.

After verifying the email address associated with your Roku device, please try logging into your Roku account again. Once logged in, scroll down to the "My linked devices" section and locate your device to verify that it is listed there.

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

For reasons only Roku can fathom, Roku devices have two unique numbers and at times they're both referred to as "serial numbers".  Check under Settings->System->About and you should see both numbers listed as "Serial number" and "Device ID".  One of those should match what shows up under your linked devices.

MSM13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

First s/n I noted was from the device itself ( purchased from Amazon ) , second was on my account registration online info.

0 Kudos
MSM13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

THANK YOU …

0 Kudos
EJ4

Jump to solution

Do you need to get to "settings > system > about" from the TV? I don't see those options on the web.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@EJ4, yes.  Press Home on your Roku remote a few times and you'll see the menu on the left of the screen.  Select "Settings", press OK,  select "System", press OK, select "About", press OK.

To see the devices linked to your Roku account online, go to https://my.roku.com and scroll down to "My streaming devices & TVs".

0 Kudos