Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanC7

Roku turns my TV off when paused

My Roku Express 4K+ turns off my TV if it's paused more than 10-15 minutes. How do I turn that feature off?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku turns my TV off when paused

I don’t think there’s any software setting on the Roku regarding the TV’s power function.  Maybe you should check the settings on your TV set.  Most TV sets feature a Sleep Mode function.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@RyanC7 

Try disabling the Roku Express 4k+ power savings feature. 

(Settings/System/Power/Auto Power Savings/20 min..)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Honestly, the OP should’ve been more specific.  I find it funny that the initial post states that the Roku turns off the TV after certain minutes.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos