Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhauria
Reel Rookie

Roku skill for Fire TV cube not remembering where I left off

When I watch a TV series on the Roku skill for Fire TV cube and turn off TV, when I tell Alexa to watch the series again, it always starts over at episode 1 rather than the point where I left the series (other skills do this)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku skill for Fire TV cube not remembering where I left off

What Roku channel/app are you using to watch the series?  Does it have the capability to remember where you left off when you're just using the remote and not the skill?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mhauria
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku skill for Fire TV cube not remembering where I left off

pretty sure this is a Fire TV API/doc problem, I recall similar issue with other apps

WORKAROUND: when TV is turned off, ask Alexa to watch the name of the TV series (in this case; COVERT AFFAIRS), the TV will be turned on as normal, the Roku skill will be loaded as normal but then it will always play Season 1/Episode 1, ask Alexa to go back (the remote back button may do this too) and the TV series "menu screen" will appear, at this point, ask Alexa to select (pressing the select/OK/big round button may do this too) and the series will continue at the season/episode you left off at

this works because when you return to the TV series menu screen, the highlighted button will not be RESUME S1:E1 but rather PLAY Sn:En where Sn:En is the Season and Episode where you left off

so this means that the Roku skill is keeping it's bookmark/pointer current but when you ask Alexa to watch the series, somehow that bookmark pointer is not being accessed (probably  because the Fire TV API doesn't retrieve it from the skill or possibly, the Roku skill does not bother to look at the bookmark when being "auto started" by the Fire TV API)

0 Kudos