Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poyzn82
Reel Rookie

Roku scrolling like crazy

I have had my roku express for just over a month and it is going crazy scrolling constantly. I know this has been posted before but there is no solution on how to fix it. Then you can't contact customer support to help fix it. I've tried everything from resetting the system to pulling out batteries. Beginning to think its a total waste of 35 bucks since I can't get it to stop so I can choose a program to watch. I contacted someone from Roku on another post from Oct but got an email saying it would be transfered to someone else and have not heard anything. Does anyone know how to fix it or am I just totally screwed?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku scrolling like crazy

If it continues to scroll with the batteries removed, then it's not being caused by the remote.  The only time I ever experienced this I was able to get out of it by restarting the Roku (without control via remote, just pull the power plug for 10 seconds or so).

If you can't get it going, did you purchase from someplace with an accommodating return policy?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Poyzn82
Reel Rookie

It doesn't do it wil batteries out. I'm unplugged from TV and wall both still does it. Spend 15 minutes to get it to the restart on the roku having to time the exact time with the scroll to get the the restart and that didn't work either. I took the other remotes batteries out that were in the room incase they were interfering. Nothing has worked. It was purchased from best buy I just don't go out to stores as my husband is high risk so we try to stay home and only do pickups. I just figured with how many people seem to have this problem maybe they'd have the solution.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

If it DOESN'T scroll when the batteries are removed from the remote, that points to the remote being the problem.  Does the up or down control rocker (whichever way it scrolls) seem to be stuck in the depressed position?  If not, the remote could be defective.

Any inexpensive universal remote that says it works with Roku devices could be used to replace your Roku remote.

Meanwhile (or instead if you prefer) if you have a tablet or smart phone connected to your home network you may be able to control your Roku via the Roku app available for Apple and Android devices (while the batteries are out of the remote to prevent the out of control scrolling).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos