Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
projec9501
Reel Rookie

Re: City Stroll Movie Magic doesn't work anymore

Anyone?  Someone from Roku support?

0 Kudos

Re: Roku screensaver stopped working

I've had this same issue on my Roku stick for a few weeks now. I just bought a Roku TV two nights ago & am having the same issue with the screensavers on it. I wish Roku would fix this problem since it's clearly been going on for months.
Rayer

I’ve also had the Subaru National Parks theme and screensaver for several years and the screensaver recently stopped working. The images won’t load in preview and the screen just goes black when it times out. It looks like the only screensavers that will load at all are the defaults. I’ve contacted Roku customer support but I haven’t heard back with any resolution. I’m pretty frustrated because this screensaver is my favorite, with beautiful quality photos and no ads. Interesting to know I’m not the only one with this specific problem.
Jro14

Any word on this topic? I’m also still have an issues with the screensaver and now more than ever, I would really appreciate the beauty of the national parks! 

IssaHazou1

I have the same issue. City stroll selected, but get a flow ruku tv word bounce instead. Tried switching screen savers and resetting 

0 Kudos
Ryz

Purchased a 32 inch TCL yesterday and screensavers don’t work. Seems like a simple fix. 

0 Kudos
humblerojo
Reel Rookie

I bought a new screensaver and it would only display a blank screen.  I restarted the RoKu and it is now working fine.  Try Settings, System, System Restart, Restart on your RoKu.

0 Kudos
alex1590
Reel Rookie

Recently several screensavers on the roku premiere stopped working, this was around 8/7/2020 when a roku system update took place. Only the default aquarium screensaver now works. The problem is that these screensavers will no longer cycle through their pictures, other than the default screensaver.

This is a huge annoyance!

The screensavers I enjoy are "magical fantasy"and "Back Country".

I have remove and reinstalled these screen savers, changed themes, rebooted roku and on and on - all to no avail.

Roku is a piece of **bleep** when they can't even perform any testing before pushing their worthless maintenance.  

I just noticed this is broken on my Roku device as well. Is there a planned fix for this or is it just not going to work ever again?

0 Kudos
alex1590
Reel Rookie

Dear Sir or Madam,

I don't know if this will help you or not but my screen savers are working once again.

1. make sure the ur smart tv, roku and screen savers are up-to-date in regard to software. Highlighting a screen saver and taping the * on the remote invokes a context menu where individual screen savers can be updated.

2. shut everything down i.e. tv (unplug it), roku (unplug it) , modem (unplug it).

3. If the roku has a micro card remove it and do not reinstall it.

4. Bring everything back up in this order: modem (wait until it reconnects to the internet), the tv, then the roku.

After the roku reconnects, try the screen saver.

0 Kudos