Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEA707

Roku screensaver stopped working

Hello,

I have used the Subaru National Parks theme on my Roku for many years, very recently the screensaver portion of it stopped working, the images don't load, even during the preview. The theme background itself still works though, it's just the screensaver that stopped.

I've tried restarting the Roku and changing the theme and changing it back and it doesn't resolve it. Since it's worked for many years and only within the past few weeks stopped working, I don't think it's an issue with my device, but something within the theme stopped working.

This is the theme in question:
https://www.rokuguide.com/channels/suba ... arks-theme

Anyone know how to elevate this to Roku so they can investigate?
34 REPLIES 34
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku screensaver stopped working

You came to the right place! 

Have you tried changing your screensaver/theme to a different option, rebooting your device from the Settings menu, then applying that theme/screensaver once more? 

If that still isn't doing the trick, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device and I'll help take a closer look. 

Thanks,
Tanner
MEA707

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
You came to the right place! 

Have you tried changing your screensaver/theme to a different option, rebooting your device from the Settings menu, then applying that theme/screensaver once more? 

If that still isn't doing the trick, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device and I'll help take a closer look. 

Thanks,
Tanner

Hi Tanner,
Just tried your suggestion, still a blank screen saver.
I will send you a PM shortly. Thanks so much for looking into this!
obscureone
Reel Rookie

Hi, this same exact thing happened to me too very recently, and it's definitely a problem on Roku's end:

-happened on both my roku streaming sticks,
-I tried all the troubleshooting stuff listed here,
-other screensavers work fine,
-I only ever had the Subaru screensaver, not the theme, but when I tried to switch back to just the screensaver after trying out other screensavers, the screensaver only option was gone,
-I tried to get the screensaver back by adding the theme, but while that got me the theme as my wallpaper, there was still only a black screen when the screensaver was supposed to kick in.

Am hoping Roku can fix this, as like the original poster, this is my favorite screensaver!
RandyL1974
Visitor

I have the same problem with both of my Roku 3's.  They worked perfectly right up to last Friday evening, and then stopped.  I had my son check his Roku streaming stick, and he has the same problem.  The problem exists on all theme's with a rotating image screensaver.  The city scroll, firefly's, floating dots, clock and others work okay.  Only Theme's with rotating images are affected.
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@RandyL1974

Thanks for letting us know about what you're seeing. I'll share this information with my team and provide any further updates as we know more. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Jlb0001
Visitor

Mine didn't stop working...I accidentally deleted it. Is there any way to get subaru and ROKU to bring it back? I see it's no longer available. It is my favorite and only one I like. I see in other places that it's a favorite also. Please bring it back!
Iak

Took awhile to notice, but I have same issue. Very annoying because sometimes I don’t notice right away and I think the tv is turned off so it just stays turned on all night. Wish you would fix it since it seems to be a problem for many people not just me. Have tried multiple screensavers also. It is the ultra model just so you know
0 Kudos
projec9501
Reel Rookie

City Stroll Movie Magic doesn't work anymore

Starting about three months ago the scrolling city background on the Movie Magic screensaver stopped showing up.  Instead, I get a bouncing "Roku" in white on a black screen. 

Not sure how to resolve -- I don't see any options or configuration and I can't seem to remove the screensaver to try reinstalling it.  Can anyone help?

EDIT: Screensaver version is 3.0.28, updated 14 Nov 2019.  Roku Streaming Stick 3800X, software 9.2.0

Tags (2)
MiniVan80

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had this issue resolved? None of my screensavers are working anymore except for the defaults.

Thanks!