Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brdwlsh

Re: Unwanted Info Auto Pop-up on Live TV

Same. Not a marketing message  There is a timeout period on the guide. Unwanted program info popup. Is this what Roku TV is like? It's a bad time.

0 Kudos
TvUser2
Reel Rookie

Re: Unwanted Info Auto Pop-up on Live TV

This never use to happen and again since our last software update everyone appears to be experiencing the unwanted popups as well as menu partially show no information.  This is pretty bad that everyone is experiencing this regardless what Roku tv the have and yet Roku is not doing anything to resolve the matter. I am now regretting that I purchased four TV's and they all have this new issue.  It forces us not to want to watch regular TV programming or Roku menu programing and stick to Netflix or prime. The only solution I have not tried is the reset to original. And what happens when the TV goes through it's normal update process. Back to the problem at hand and now you have to readd and re log in to all your apps.  Poor solution option.

0 Kudos
eDM
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku pop up menu guide keeps appearing on screen

Update on Issue:

Channel info showing after 1 minute on ota/live stream channels or within guide after changing channels:

Tried all suggestions and my own from this thread--eventually pop-up came back.

Wired internet connection, Hisense Roku TV, Sony HDMI connected receiver, OTA antenna, Fire Cube via HDMI and USB for pause/rewind connected.

Just did a full factory reset, and so far, no channel info pop-up after 1 minute (update shows today as last checked/updated).  All channel info present on guide (wasn't a problem for me before but see others are having this issue).

Process of factory reset took about 30 minutes to complete/setup.  All devices were found without issue, just had to rename/customize the shortcuts and hide OTA channels I don't use.  Fairly painless but a process nonetheless.

Pop-up did not happen after changing channels and clicking/not clicking the channel info after channel change--for a few times.  Channel Info Pop-Up Came Back--STILL AN ISSUE

Found this prior which didn't do anything but it's there: 

Platform Secret Screen

1. Click Home 5 times
  2. Click once for each:  Fast Forward, Play/Pause, Rewind, Play/Pause, Fast Forward

Has a 'View Remote Button Presses' which I thought might be useful for detecting phantom remote activity...

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

This unwanted info overlay banner is currently only affecting OTA channels on RokuTVs. (multiple, if not all, brands are affected).

It does seem to be a result from Roku issuing an update build within 10.5 to address the antenna signal meter indicator displaying inaccurate strength. (Basically, Roku fixed one issue but inadvertently caused another).

Roku has been made aware of the issue in the RokuTV forum, but will also tag @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuMary-F  to let them know users in this thread are also experiencing issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
battlebasset
Binge Watcher

Thanks Danny!  Don't forget about us!

0 Kudos
u_r_o_k
Channel Surfer

another bug I noticed, maybe related, is that when the pop up menu appears, the time is wrong. its like the time you turned on the Live TV, & doesn't change.  It's correct time on the fullscreen Guide, but not on the constantly popping pop up menu. 

0 Kudos
BongoMike
Binge Watcher

I noticed that too, but over the last month or so it seemed to correct itself(maybe after time change and/or an update). One thing I did notice that was actually beneficial but now is gone, is there used to be some programming that had a * where it would list options to watch the full or more episodes on various Roku apps and it provided the links(That was actually Something that was again beneficial and actually 'Worked')!

dcathome
Streaming Star

I have a TCL 43" Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Roku TV – 43S435. I am having the problem with the menu screen not the Store setting. Multiple posts show that they can not find the Store setting. It's not under System for mine. On this TV it is under Settings, Home Screen, Movies Store and TV Store and Show or HideRoku TV – 43S435 Movie Store and TV Store reduced.jpg

dcathome
Streaming Star

I have a TCL 43" Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Roku TV – 43S435. I am, or was having the problem with the menu screen showing up. The Diasable Network Access on this TV is under System, Advanced System Settings, Control By Mobile App, Network Access and select Disable. Mine was set at Default. When disabled I watched for an hour and the menu screen did not come on by itself. I have also noticed my time is off when changing channels but it does correct itself. I also noticed my signal strenght when changing channels is 0 or 1 bar but then shows 4 bars as shown in the picture of GMA.Roku TV – 43S435 Control By Mobil Apps reduced.jpg

0 Kudos