Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku goes to home screen constantly on a timed basis

So I figured out how to stop the Roku from going back to the home screen no matter what app I'm using and no matter what settings I change in Settings.  I wanted to pass this information onto a technician however I can't find out how to get an email address to send it to someone.  So I'm posting it here in case someone can pass this onto R&D.

My name is Dave, I'm a Level III robotics system integrator and I do a lot of troubleshooting on systems I design for Industrial automation systems.  After reading for hours of posts from years ago, I found no answer to why the Roku periodically and abruptly exits an app and goes to the home screen.  I purchased 2 devices, thinking that the first one was defective, only to see it happen on the 2nd device as well.

After opening the Roku case and monitoring temperatures of ICs, and a lot of trial and error, I was able to narrow the problem down to the Remote.  I am now able to stop the problem and recreate it.

It appears that the remote is either sending a signal to the base unit, or the base unit is requesting something from the remote. In any case the coding has an error that is causing the problem.

After loading an app, if the batteries are removed from the remote, the problem goes away.  If the batteries are put back into the remote the problem comes right back.

I hope someone from R&D will read this and come up with an update to solve this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku goes to home screen constantly on a timed basis

chat or email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options      (Select setup/ultra/other/need more help)

0 Kudos

Re: charging my card without me making any purchases or using Roku

well it's charging my card with me making no purchases and I want my money back asap!

SoniaBarnes
Reel Rookie

Hi David,

Can you tell me why my Roku won't show the home screen?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@SoniaBarnes wrote:

Hi David,

Can you tell me why my Roku won't show the home screen?

Have you tried what was suggested here?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Getting-Started-Setup-How-to/Screen-Saver/m-p/700257

0 Kudos