Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Roku device times out and jumps to home screen just started

Jump to solution

For some reason over the past two three weeks when I pause any of the apps I have Prime Hulu etc.. when when I come back it has timed out and back to the Roku home screen. It can't be the apps themselves because they're all doing it. It used to be where I could pause something for 5 minutes go to the kitchen come back and just catch up but it's not letting me do that anymore. It just started recently. Whenever I would get a phone call I would pause the show and then go right back into it when I was done but I can't do that anymore and it's very frustrating any info would be greatly appreciated

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku device times out and jumps to home screen just started

Jump to solution

@Imemine 

Just a shot in the dark, but you could try changing your screen saver settings.  For example, if it happens at the time you set the screen saver to engage, you could make that setting longer (or even disable it).  Also, changing the screen saver might have an effect.

View solution in original post

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

UPDATE... Since I found the aquarium screensaver it seems to be better. Doesn't time out as fast. The thing I hate is that I've had to make the aquarium screensaver a channel in my channel lineup when it used to be in the settings. But for sure YouTube doesn't time out. It goes to the aquarium and then when I come back it's right back where I was on YouTube. So there's some connection. Thank you to the original poster that helped me with this

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Rick22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me with watching Britbox--then it would not reload--spent a great deal of time with Britbox support only to find out that they claim Roku did an update that is now incompatible with Britbox so can't watch it on TV.  Yet, I have paid through the 28th for service.  This a bull**bleep**.  And done without any warning.  Britbox support suggested Firestick.  But if this is what Roku is doing they are going to lose a lot of business.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Imemine 

Just a shot in the dark, but you could try changing your screen saver settings.  For example, if it happens at the time you set the screen saver to engage, you could make that setting longer (or even disable it).  Also, changing the screen saver might have an effect.

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just turned my TV on went to finish a movie I was watching last night on Amazon Prime didn't even go into the movie yet went to get a cup of coffee came back and it was popped out of Amazon sitting on the Roku home screen.  Now that you mentioned screensaver I haven't even seen screensaver work in the last couple days I'll have to go in and check. Normally it just times out to screensaver and then I can click it and go back in and watch the movie. I'll check that out thank you. I'll keep you posted. Maybe someone needs to report this to Roku that when they did their last update they screwed up pause and screensaver options. When I used to watch a movie and it would go into time out on any app it would go into the fish tank I can't even find that anymore. Now it goes into some cityscape **bleep** now I have two problems.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

UPDATE... Since I found the aquarium screensaver it seems to be better. Doesn't time out as fast. The thing I hate is that I've had to make the aquarium screensaver a channel in my channel lineup when it used to be in the settings. But for sure YouTube doesn't time out. It goes to the aquarium and then when I come back it's right back where I was on YouTube. So there's some connection. Thank you to the original poster that helped me with this

0 Kudos